After the detailed process of revising and tweaking the layout of Diane Cantrell’s “Good-bye, Baby Max,” it has officially been sent off to the printer! This is the finished front cover… it was a bit of a challenge as the illustration used for the cover (below) had to be chopped in half, and the right & left sides swapped so that the right side of the original illustration would show on the back cover. Tricky stuff! I also moved Mrs. B to the front cover with Photoshop. The rug was also a later addition to the illustration, painted seperately, then scanned and added in with Photoshop.
It was such a valuable experience working with the the team at Bridgeway Books on the cover & interior design of the story to complement the illustrations. I set up the print-ready files for the book jacket, cover, endpages & interior with Adobe InDesign CS2. For a sneak peak at the inside illustrations, check out this previous post!